Thursday, June 24, 2010

Remembering Michael Jackson

Friday marks the one-year anniversary of the passing of Michael Jackson. I will never forget how shocked I was when I first heard the news, and how I passed the ensuing days watching his videos and once again marveling at the genius of this amazing artist.

Clearly, I'm not the only MJ fan who has rediscovered his music. In the year since his death, sales for his albums has hit 8.3 million (compared with 1.3 million in 2008). And, after a $250 deal with Sony Music in March, fans can expect reissues of older albums and releases of new, previously unreleased music.

A year has passed and I still feel a sense of disbelief when I think about Michael Jackson's passing. His album Number Ones is in regular rotation in my car CD player and I notice that radio stations are still playing his music. I'm pleased that his once-tarnished image has been restored and in death, it's all about his music.

In memory of Michael, here's a video from the Michael Jackson 30th anniversary concert held in Madison Square Garden September 10, 2001.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Donna Reynolds has been blogging about entertainment in CNY since 2003, including a five year run on syracuse.com. She is Central New York's most ardent entertainment cheerleader and her goal is to promote all the great entertainment this area has to offer. Be sure to check out the concert calendar for upcoming events, CNY Festivals and Events, and CNY Bands for links to all your favorite local groups. Hope you enjoy, and please tell your friends to check out this comprehensive source for Music in the 'Cuse! Follow Donna on Twitter - Music in the Cuse Donna's Facebook page Contact: dlrturtle@earthlink.net

Search This Blog


  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.